Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Oh Dear Me...





I decided to enter a challenge over at CSI ( http://csicolorstoriesinspiration.ning.com/ )...they just began this website and it's proving to be a lot of fun place..... so head on over!!

Each week's "Case" is based on a Color "Scheme"...along with some interesting "Clues" found in the  "Evidence" and "Testimony" files....what a trip!!.. hee hee

This particular Case lead me to seek out a much younger photo of myself... at 10....which is almost 50 years ago...( as I will be turning 60 this year) .and the journaling was to be about...advice.. or experiences in our journey...I found it to be a VERY emotional experience as I tried to write my journal...I kept looking at the face of this very sweet young girl.... and finding myself getting a wee bit teary..... okay... a LOT teary... hee hee..but then I found myself writing something truly heartfelt..and uplifting to me....

The journaling is hidden behind the older photo of myself... which you can see in one of the closeup photos....and it says:

 "Oh Little Girl...I wish I could reach back through time
and simply hold you and tell you... in  such a way that you
could truly hear me.... just how much I love you and no
matter who or what comes along...you are amazing..I remember
all those times you were afraid and lonely..but I am SO
grateful for your strength and courage, that got us here today...
Thank You....."

:)
Debbi...

Products Used:
Mini Ephemera from 7Gypsies
Ink: Colorbox Chalk - Wisteria
Fences Die Cuts: Cricut - Heritage Cartridge & EveryDay Paper Dolls
Design Paper: used to cut flowers from: Webster Pages - Love Note - #US1671D
Blue Mulberry, Corragated Paper and background Design Papers from my stash..
Acrylic Die Cut: Created using some acrylic packaging and my Sizzix Fancy Labels Framelits # 657575
Alpha: Doodlebug - Candy Shoppe - # 2163 beetle black
The yellow Alpha.. is an old Thickers one that I covered in some design paper.

and that's it folks!!

1 comment :

  1. Great work Debbi! I Love your journaling! I will have to check the site out! thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete